Got any questions about the iPhone X? We’ve got the answers for you
A second-hand iPhone X with a 12-month warranty ranges from R6099.00 - R10090.00 on Phonetradr.
Yes, the iPhone X is compatible with the magnetic card holder cases.
The iPhone X is still a force to be reckoned with when it comes to the world of smartphones and would definitely be a worthwhile buy in 2021. It’s built with sapphire crystal glass, a reinforced steel structure, and the screen is protected by Gorilla Glass 6. All these features are still considered to be some of the latest modern technologies to have in a smartphone. The iPhone X is also still compatible with the latest iOS (iOS 15), giving you access to the latest features. The iPhone X is great value for money, on Phonetradr, you can buy a certified second hand iPhone X for an average of R6,640 - R10,090 which includes a battery charger and a 12-month warranty. A used iPhone X’s battery life will have approximately 80% capacity left, meaning the battery will last for an average of 8 hours and 30 minutes with regular use for an iPhone X that’s about 2 years old. So, in our opinion, it's still a great buy in 2021 and will have good resale value when you decide to sell it.
A second-hand iPhone X in excellent condition and a 12-month warranty costs between R6099.00 - R10090.00 on Phonetradr.
From top to bottom, the 8 Plus is 14.3 cm x 7.09 cm x 0.77 cm.
You can get it in Silver and Space Grey.
The iPhone X is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 6, the strongest display protector in smartphones today.
The iPhone X is water resistant. It has a rating of “IP68” which means they are fully protected from dust and can handle being under freshwater for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1.5 metres. If your phone gets dropped in a puddle, a shallow pool, or wet from the rain, it will be just fine. Steam from your bathroom shower, however, is not included in this rating, so rather keep it away from steam. As an added measure of protection we recommend the following water proof cases for the iPhone X based on reliability, durability and look and feel.
The iPhone X has the A11 Bionic processor. The chip is faster and smarter than any other chip that came before it. The chip has a six-core CPU (central processing unit) which means that the model is 25% faster than the iPhone 7 and 70% faster than the previous model.
You can get the iPhone X with 64GB or 256GB of space. For a better picture on how much 256GB is, it equates to an average amount of 73,224 photos. For the 64GB model, that’s approximately 15,000 photos!
The phone comes with 3G of RAM.
It has a 12-megapixel dual camera at the back and a 7-megapixel selfie camera at the front. The dual camera means you get more range in your photos!
Yes, portrait mode is available on the iPhone X. Portrait mode focuses on the subject of the photo and blurs the background, providing more depth. For photography enthusiasts, portrait mode makes use of the phone’s 56mm-equivalent "telephoto" lens.
Open your Camera app, then select ‘Portrait” on the right side. Your lighting options will appear on your screen such as Natural Light, Studio, Contour and Stage Light. After selecting your lighting, hold up your phone and focus on the person you’d like to photograph.
When taking a photo, there is a 2x zoom option on the screen. Taping this will give you 2X optical zoom. If you hold the 2x button, it will expand to give you further digital zoom options. In other words, anytime you use zoom up to 2x, it will automatically be optical zoom.
You can easily record a demonstration of something from your phone using the built-in screen recorder.
- Make sure your phone is updated to iOS 12
- Go to your Settings, then select Control Centre. Tap into ‘Customise Controls’ then add “Screen Recording” to the list
- Exit your settings and then head to your homescreen. Swipe up the Control Centre and select the little white circle in the square icon. This is the Screen Recording icon.
- The recorder will count down from 3 and then whatever actions you take on your iPhone will be recorded.
- Once you’re done, tap the red recording timer at the top of your screen to stop the recording. You can find your recording in your camera roll and edit it just like a standard video such as trimming the start and end of it. Or, you can edit it in iMovie which comes free with your iPhone.
We would recommend that you invest in a case or cover for your iPhone X. A good cover can protect your phone from cracked screens, from drops, dents, dirt, scratches and help keep it looking like new for when you’d like to sell it. As an added measure of protection we recommend the following water proof cases for the iPhone X based on reliability, durability and look and feel.
A new iPhone X comes with a 2,617 mAh battery with an estimated battery life of 11 hours a day from a full charge. A second hand or pre-owned iPhone X will have an average battery life of 8.4 hours in 2021. Here is a more detailed overview of what battery life you can expect when buying a second hand iPhone X:
|Battery Life ||10.5 hours ||9.4 hours ||8.4 hours ||7.4 hours ||6.4 hours |
|Device Age ||0 - 12 months ||12 months ||24 months ||36 months ||48 months |
It weighs 174 grams, which is slightly less than a can of tinned tomato and onion mix.
You’ve just turned on your iPhone for the first time. The first step will then be to select your country or region. This is important because it will determine your time, date and language.
- Now connect your device to WiFi to continue, then insert your SIM card.
- Now you will set up your Face ID or your Touch ID, depending on which iOS system you’re on. For Face ID, raise your screen directly in front of your face so that your phone can capture your features. For Touch ID, choose the finger you’d like to use to unlock your screen. Then enter a 6-digit code as your two-factor authentication.
- If you had an iPhone beforehand and backed up your data to iCloud or iTunes, select either ‘Restore from iCloud Backup’ or ‘Restore from iTunes Backup’. If you are transferring content from an Android, select ‘Move from Android’ and follow the steps above.
- Sign in your create your Apple ID which is usually an email address and a password. If you already have an existing Apple ID from your previous iPhone, you’ll be asked to enter a verification code on that phone.
- You can then set up Siri, Screen Time and automatic updates now or select ‘Set Up in Settings Manually’
- Tap ‘Get started’ to start using your phone!
Yes, the iPhone X supports wireless charging and these are the best wireless chargers available:
We looked at the best credit card holder case for the iPhone X and these are our top recommendations.
We looked at the best wireless chargers for the iPhone X and these are our top recommendations.