Got any questions about the iPhone XS Max? We’ve got the answers for you
A iPhone XS Max costs between R8599.00 - R13990.00 with a 12-month warranty on Phonetradr.
A second-hand iPhone XS Max costs between R9000.00 - R13990.00 on Phonetradr.
From top to bottom, it is 15.7 cm x 7.7 cm x 0.73 cm.
You can get it in Silver, Gold and Space Grey.
The iPhone XS Max is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 6, the strongest display protector in smartphones today.
The iPhone XS Max is water resistant. It has a rating of “IP68” which means they are fully protected from dust and can handle being under freshwater for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 2 metres. If your phone gets dropped in a puddle, a shallow pool, or wet from the rain, it will be just fine. Steam from your bathroom shower, however, is not included in this rating, so rather keep it away from steam.
The iPhone XS Max has the A12 Bionic processor. The chip has six cores - four for high efficiency and two for high performance. This promises speed and efficiency that’s 2x faster than the A11 chip and up to 50% lower in battery drainage. The chip’s graphics processing is also an improvement from the A11 with four cores and 50% faster graphics processing.
You can get the iPhone XS Max with 64GB, 256GB or 512GB of space. For a better picture on how much 256GB is, it equates to an average amount of 73,224 photos. For the 64GB model, that’s approximately 15,000 photos!
The phone comes with 4G of RAM.
It has a 12-megapixel dual camera at the back and a 7-megapixel selfie camera at the front. The dual camera means you get more range in your photos!
Yes, portrait mode is available on the iPhone XS Max. Portrait mode focuses on the subject of the photo and blurs the background, providing more depth. For photography enthusiasts, portrait mode makes use of the phone’s 56mm-equivalent "telephoto" lens.
Open your Camera app, then select ‘Portrait” on the right side. Your lighting options will appear on your screen such as Natural Light, Studio, Contour and Stage Light. After selecting your lighting, hold up your phone and focus on the person you’d like to photograph.
When taking a photo, there is a 2x zoom option on the screen. Taping this will give you 2X optical zoom. If you hold the 2x button, it will expand to give you further digital zoom options. In other words, anytime you use zoom up to 2x, it will automatically be optical zoom.
You can easily record a demonstration of something from your phone using the built-in screen recorder.
- Make sure your phone is updated to iOS 12
- Go to your Settings, then select Control Centre. Tap into ‘Customise Controls’ then add “Screen Recording” to the list
- Exit your settings and then head to your homescreen. Swipe up the Control Centre and select the little white circle in the square icon. This is the Screen Recording icon.
- The recorder will count down from 3 and then whatever actions you take on your iPhone will be recorded.
- Once you’re done, tap the red recording timer at the top of your screen to stop the recording. You can find your recording in your camera roll and edit it just like a standard video such as trimming the start and end of it. Or, you can edit it in iMovie which comes free with your iPhone.
We would recommend that you invest in a case or cover for your iPhone XS Max. A good cover can protect your phone from cracked screens, from drops, dents, dirt, scratches and help keep it looking like new for when you’d like to sell it.
The iPhone XS Max lasts up to 90 minutes longer than the iPhone X. Wireless talk time goes up to 25 hours, internet use up to 13 hours and video playback up to 15 hours.
It weighs 208 grams, which is around the same weight as a tinned tomato and onion mix.
You’ve just turned on your iPhone for the first time. The first step will then be to select your country or region. This is important because it will determine your time, date and language.
- Now connect your device to WiFi to continue, then insert your SIM card.
- Now you will set up your Face ID or your Touch ID, depending on which iOS system you’re on. For Face ID, raise your screen directly in front of your face so that your phone can capture your features. For Touch ID, choose the finger you’d like to use to unlock your screen. Then enter a 6-digit code as your two-factor authentication.
- If you had an iPhone beforehand and backed up your data to iCloud or iTunes, select either ‘Restore from iCloud Backup’ or ‘Restore from iTunes Backup’. If you are transferring content from an Android, select ‘Move from Android’ and follow the steps above.
- Sign in your create your Apple ID which is usually an email address and a password. If you already have an existing Apple ID from your previous iPhone, you’ll be asked to enter a verification code on that phone.
- You can then set up Siri, Screen Time and automatic updates now or select ‘Set Up in Settings Manually’
- Tap ‘Get started’ to start using your phone!
Yes, the iPhone XS Max supports wireless charging and these are the best wireless chargers available: Belkin BoostUp Wireless Charging Stand, Apple MagSafe Charger, Apple MagSafe Duo, Anker PowerWave, 15 with Quick Charge 3.0, Anker 10W Wireless Charging Stand, Samsung Wireless Charger Pad, and the Moshi Otto Q Wireless Charging Pad.