Got any questions about the 7 Plus? We’ve got the answers for you
A second-hand iPhone 7 Plus in excellent condition and a 12-month warranty ranges from R4299.00 - R6940.00 on Phonetradr.
A iPhone 7 Plus with a 12-month warranty ranges from R4299.00 - R6940.00 on Phonetradr.
From top to bottom, the 7 Plus is 15.8 cm x 7.7 cm x 0.73 cm.
You can get it in black, silver, space grey, gold and rose gold.
The iPhone 7 has a 4.7-inch retina display and single-lens camera, whereas the iPhone 7 Plus has a 5.5-inch retina display and dual-lens camera system.
The phone comes protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and, according to a durability test conducted by SquareTrade, the phone can take 90 kg’s of pressure before bending.
The rating for the 7 Plus is “IP67” which means it can handle being under freshwater for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1 metre.
The 7 Plus has the A10 Fusion processor. The chip has four cores - two for energy-efficiency and two for performance. It has a 50% faster graphics processor and a 40% faster CPU than previous iPhones.
You can get the iPhone 7 Plus with 32, 128 or 256GB of space. For a better picture on how much 256GB is, it equates to an average amount of 73,224 photos!
The phone comes with 3G of RAM.
It has a 12-megapixel dual camera at the back and a 7-megapixel selfie camera at the front. The dual camera means you get more range in your photos.
Yes, portrait mode is available on the iPhone 7 Plus. Portrait mode focuses on the subject of the photo and blurs the background, providing more depth. For photography enthusiasts, portrait mode makes use of the phone’s 56mm-equivalent "telephoto" lens.
Open your Camera app, then select ‘Portrait” on the right side. Your lighting options will appear on your screen such as Natural Light, Studio, Contour and Stage Light. After selecting your lighting, hold up your phone and focus on the person you’d like to photograph.
When taking a photo, there is a 2x zoom option on the screen. Taping this will give you 2X optical zoom. If you hold the 2x button, it will expand to give you further digital zoom options. In other words, anytime you use zoom up to 2x, it will automatically be optical zoom.
You can easily record a demonstration of something from your phone using the built-in screen recorder.
- Make sure your phone is updated with iOS 12
- Go to your Settings, then select Control Centre. Tap into ‘Customise Controls’ then add “Screen Recording” to the list
- Exit your settings and then head to your homescreen. Swipe up the Control Centre and select the little white circle in the square icon. This is the Screen Recording icon.
- The recorder will count down from 3 and then whatever actions you take on your iPhone will be recorded.
- Once you’re done, tap the red recording timer at the top of your screen to stop the recording. You can find your recording in your camera roll and edit it just like a standard video such as trimming the start and end of it. Or, you can edit it in iMovie which comes free with your iPhone.
We would recommend that you invest in a case or cover for your iPhone 7 Plus. A good cover can protect your phone from cracked screens, from drops, dents, dirt, scratches and help keep it looking like new for when you’d like to sell it.
Regular use of your iPhone 7 Plus gives you about 15 hours of battery life while it’s connected to Wi-Fi.
It weighs 188 grams, which is slightly less than a can of tinned tomato and onion mix.
No, the iPhone 7 Plus doesn’t support wireless charging.