You’ve just turned on your iPhone for the first time. The first step will then be to select your country or region. This is important because it will determine your time, date and language.
- Now connect your device to WiFi to continue, then insert your SIM card.
- Now you will set up your Face ID or your Touch ID, depending on which iOS system you’re on. For Face ID, raise your screen directly in front of your face so that your phone can capture your features. For Touch ID, choose the finger you’d like to use to unlock your screen. Then enter a 6-digit code as your two-factor authentication.
- If you had an iPhone beforehand and backed up your data to iCloud or iTunes, select either ‘Restore from iCloud Backup’ or ‘Restore from iTunes Backup’. If you are transferring content from an Android, select ‘Move from Android’ and follow the steps above.
- Sign in your create your Apple ID which is usually an email address and a password. If you already have an existing Apple ID from your previous iPhone, you’ll be asked to enter a verification code on that phone.
- You can then set up Siri, Screen Time and automatic updates now or select ‘Set Up in Settings Manually’
- Tap ‘Get started’ to start using your phone!